The Prophetic Activist Scheme
The Prophetic Activist scheme is a year long volunteering opportunity to help shape Christian Aid's campaigns in 2020.
This baby has everything - weekends away, mentors, like-minded adventurers, faith, activism and training.
At the heart of this scheme is co-collaboration, co-delivery and a real focus on theological and advocacy development, not to mention a good word on your cv.
If you've already heard enough then you can apply now here (links to Christian Aid website):
Want to know more?
Who are we looking for?
Christians aged 18-30 from all walks of life; all theological backgrounds, gender expressions and ethnicities. Whether you go to church every week or haven't been in years. The one thing you'll all definitely have in common is a willingness to put your faith into action to campaign on issues affecting the world's poorest and most vulnerable.
What we'll provide
- Two weekends of residential training to help make you better campaigners and activists. The first of which is confirmed to take place from 14th-16th February, so keep your diaries clear. All expenses paid, of course
- A community of practice - fellow activists to inspire you, collaborate with you and encourage you when you're spinning your wheels
- Personal mentors (available both face-to-face and online) to help you access the wealth of hard-won experience we have in our organisation. peer-to-peer
- Theological development - we don't have all the answers by a long stretch but we'll provide the space to explore faith and discipleship more deeply.
What we need from you
- A commitment to attend both of the residential weekends and to join meet-ups online or in person every other month
- To take three Christian Aid campaign actions throughout your year with us
- Contribute content to our website on your experiences volunteering with us
- Help to plan and lead a campaign with Christian Aid on the current climate emergency.
We're a 75 year old organisation that has been fighting injustice on a global scale since before you were born. Guess what we need most now?
The deadline for applications is Dec 31st but once the scheme is filled then applications close. So get your applications in early to avoid disappointment.