The Prophetic Activist Scheme
The Prophetic Activist scheme is a year long volunteering opportunity to help shape Christian Aid's campaigns in 2020.
And there are 2 spaces remaining!
This baby has everything - weekends away, mentors, like-minded adventurers, faith, activism and training.
At the heart of this scheme is co-collaboration, co-delivery and a real focus on theological and advocacy development, not to mention a good word on your cv.
If you've already heard enough then you can apply now here (links to Christian Aid website):
Want to know more?
Who are we looking for?
Christians aged 18-30 from all walks of life; all theological backgrounds, gender expressions and ethnicities. Whether you go to church every week or haven't been in years. The one thing you'll all definitely have in common is a willingness to put your faith into action to campaign on issues affecting the world's poorest and most vulnerable.
What we'll provide
- Two weekends of residential training to help make you better campaigners and activists. The first of which is confirmed to take place from 14th-16th February, so keep your diaries clear. All expenses paid, of course
- A community of practice - fellow activists to inspire you, collaborate with you and encourage you when you're spinning your wheels
- Personal mentors (available both face-to-face and online) to help you access the wealth of hard-won experience we have in our organisation. peer-to-peer
- Theological development - we don't have all the answers by a long stretch but we'll provide the space to explore faith and discipleship more deeply.
What we need from you
- A commitment to attend both of the residential weekends and to join meet-ups online or in person every other month
- To take three Christian Aid campaign actions throughout your year with us
- Contribute content to our website on your experiences volunteering with us
- Help to plan and lead a campaign with Christian Aid on the current climate emergency.
We're a 75 year old organisation that has been fighting injustice on a global scale since before you were born. Guess what we need most now?